Are you looking for some light reading to look at by the lantern or candlelight if you lose power tomorrow?
English teacher Jan Brennan has been featuring poems by her students on her blog on Patch all summer Hurricane Irene.
- "Summer Days" by Alex Massoumi
- "The Beach" by Adrienne Nguyen
- "I am a Window" by Tessa Bratton
- "Ode to Seashells" by Rossana Colletti
- "A Walk" by Fudi Xu
- "Ode to the Computer"by Ben Paradise
If you have any poems, short stories, or observations of your own to share about Hurricane Irene, please share them in the contacts.