How many times have you told yourself, "I'm going to work out every day this year (or at least at all)" come the New Year?
Fitness is a common New Year's resolution, so anticipating that for 2013, Patch has come up with some suggestions for local gyms and fitness facilities you can consider to make your resolutions come to fruition.
Avon Gyms and Fitness Places
- Healthtrax, 100 Simsbury Rd.
- Snap Fitness, 260 West Main St. (Route 44 next to former TJ Maxx building)
- Premier Fitness (equipment, personal training and nutrition), 395 West Main St. (Route 44)
- Fitness Together (one-on-one or group personal training and nutrition), 300 Country Club Rd (near the intersection with West Avon Road)
- C2 Pilates, in the Healthtrax building
- Barre classes through C2 Pilates, Healthtrax building
- Jazzercise Avon Farmington Valley Fitness Center, 192 West Main St. (Route 44)
- InnerSpace (yoga and pilates)17 West Main St. (Route 44)
- Cardio Party Fitness Studio (Zumba), 9 Avonwood Rd. (near the intersection with Waterville Road, Route 10)
- Korlates Fitness by Kris Kory, 42 West Main St. (Route 44)
- The Perfect Workout! (personal training, physical therapy, nutrition), 31 Ensign Dr.
- Terry's School of Dance, 140 Simsbury Rd. (Riverdale Farms)
- Fitbody Personal Training, 136 Simsbury Rd., Bldg 4 (Riverdale Farms)
- Connecticut Taekwondo, 220 West Main St. (Route 44)
Where to Go Running?
If money's tight or you don't prefer a gym or classes, you don't have to let that get in the way of staying in shape.
Just put on some running shoes (and probably your Under Armour, a hat, gloves and warm layers in this weather) and go for a run in your neighborhood or on your favorite route in town.
Here are some trails and parks in Avon that are a good start:
- Farmington Valley Greenway, there are several entry points, including one on Thompson Road by the former MH Rhodes property.
- Rails to Trails by Sperry Park on Simsbury Road.
- Countryside Park, Huckleberry Hill Road.
Are you already in shape? Great, tell us your secret! Share your recommendations for places to go for a good workout in 2013 by posting a comment. Where do you go running in Avon?