Seventy-five restaurants statewide are participating in the fourth annual Connecticut Restaurant Week, which started Oct. 10 and runs through Oct. 16, sponsored by the Connecticut Restaurant Association and Sysco Connecticut.
Restaurants are offering restaurant week menus with entrees for $20.11, which may include the choice of a three-course prix-fixe menu, two-for-one specials or a "specialty-priced" bottle of wine, according to a press release from the Connecticut Restaurant Association. The choices vary by restaurant.
"Restaurant Week provides diners with a unique opportunity to go out and enjoy a great meal at a great price. Restaurants from Stamford to Mystic are participating in this year's event," Nicole Griffin, executive director of the Connecticut Restaurant Association, stated in a press release.
When the economy is tough, that can limit how often people can go out to eat. That is something that the Connecticut Restaurant Week sponsors keep in mind.
"In today’s difficult economic climate, we want to encourage people to come out and enjoy a wonderful meal at a time when many people are hesitant," Griffin said. "Connecticut restaurants are a major employer in our state and we need to recognize how grateful we are to have such incredible choices right here in our own backyard."
Farmington, Southington and Vernon Wood-n-Tap restaurants are among the local restaurants offering deals during Restaurant Week. Hartford Restaurant Group owns all six Wood-n-Tap locations and owner Phil Barnett stressed the importance of highlighting "the incredible restaurants statewide here in Connecticut."
“Restaurant Week is so much fun to participate in not only because it’s a great way to bring people into your restaurant, it allows us the opportunity to showcase really great food," said Barnett, whose Hartford Restaurant Group also owns Agave Grill in Hartford and TD Homer’s Grill in Southington, which are both a part of Restaurant Week.
More information on Connecticut Restaurant Week and the restaurants offering special menus is available at the Connecticut Restaurant Association's official website: http://www.ctrestaurant.org.
The following local restaurants are offering special menus for Connecticut Restaurant Week.
- , 51 East Main Street, Avon
- , 70 East Main Street, Avon
- Feng Asian Bistro, The Shoppes at the Farmington Valley, 110 Albany Tpke., Canton
- Cambridge Brew Pub, 357 Salmon Brook Street, Granby
- Joey Garlic’s, 372 Scott Swamp Rd., Farmington
- Piccolo Arrancio, 819 Farmington Ave., Farmington
- Wood-n-Tap, 1274 Farmington Ave., Farmington
- Abigail’s Grille and Wine Bar, 4 Hartford Rd., Simsbury
- Wood-n-Tap, 420 Queen St., Southington
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 703 Poquonock Ave., Windsor
- Besito Mexican Restaurant, 46 South Main St., West Hartford
- Restaurant Bricco, 78 Lasalle Rd., West Hartford
- Grant’s Restaurant & Bar, 977 Farmington Ave., West Hartford
- Joey’s Pizza Pie, 353 Park Rd., West Hartford
- Max Burger, 124 Lasalle Rd., West Hartford
- Max Oyster Bar, 964 Farmington Ave., West Hartford
- Rizzuto’s, 111 Memorial Rd., West Hartford
Editor's Note: An earlier version of this article listed ConnecticutRestaurantWeek.com as the official Connecticut Restaurant Week website, however, that is an independent website that aggregates information on Connecticut restaurant weeks. The website not affiliated with the Connecticut Restaurant Association and is not the official website for Connecticut Restaurant Week. The official Restaurant Week website is http://www.ctrestaurant.org and more information can be found there. This error has been corrected.