Most businesses in Avon are closed for Thanksgiving, but some will be open.
Here's a list of some places that will be open and closed on the federal holiday. If your business isn't on the list, tell us your plans for Thursday in the comments.
- Town Hall (Thursday and Friday)
- Avon Free Public Library (Thursday and Friday)
- Avon Police Department Records Division (Thurday and Friday)
- Public Works (Thursday and Friday)
- Avon Landfill (Thursday and Friday)
- Avon Post Office
- Liquor stores
- The Coffee Trade
- The Meat House
- Miller Foods
Most restaurants, including:
- West Avon Pizza: The 315 West Main St. restaurant is closed, but if you'd like pizza for your Thanksgiving Day party, you can place a special order in advance for that day. Call 860-675-4877 for more information.
- The Grist Mill
- Puerto Vallarta
- The Elephant Trail
- Good 2 Go
- Hot Heaven Pizzeria
- da Capo
- Amici Italian Grill
- Avon Master Pizza
- Toshi Izakaya
- Tower View Pizza
- Max a Mia
- DaVinci Pizzeria
- Trattoria Il Trullo
- Chang An II Chinese Restaurant: 255 W Main St, 860-677-6888, open from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Avon Indian Grill: 320 W Main St., 860-284-4466, open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. On Thanksgiving, the restaurant will offer turkey in the style of Indian cuisine, such as turkey tikka masala and turkey curry. Turkey will be substituted for chicken in many dishes.
- Seasons Restaurant: 279 Avon Mountain Rd, 860-269-0240. Farm Restaurant at the Avon Old Farms Hotel has been renamed Seasons Restaurant. There will be a Thanksgiving Day brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday by reservation only. The phone number is Spots are filling up fast, so make sure you call soon if you plan on attending. The brunch will be buffet style and includes a traditional turkey dinner with free range turkey, stuffing, whipped Idaho potatoes, candied yams, autumn squash and vegetables, and green bean casserole; other lunch items like pumpkin ravioli, seafood, chicken pot pie and beef stroganov; breakfast items like Belgian waffles, omelets, charizo fresh vegetable fritata, and blueberry blintz; salads, shrimp and deviled eggs; and fresh baked pies and cakes, apple cider donuts and pastries for dessert. Hot mulled apple cider, mimosas and belinis are some of the drink specials.
- Lime Bar & Grill: 136 Simsbury Rd., Riverdale Farms, 860-674-1700, opens at 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving for drinks and snacks only.