Our friends at the National Weather Service are predicting that the latest storm moving toward New England could bring less than a half an inch of new snow to Avon.
Here is the weekend forecast for Avon. As always, share your photos with us if it comes!
- Friday night: The National Weather Service predicts possible snow showers, primarily after 2 a.m. into early Saturday, and a 40 percent chance of percipitation. "Little or no snow accumulation expected," the weather service stated on its website.
- Saturday: Less than half an inch of new snow could accumulate from snow showers lasting up to 2 p.m. and then picking up again after 4 p.m. following an expected two-hour period of rain, according to the weather service. There is a 40 percent chance of precipitation.
- Saturday Night: Snow is anticipated between midnight and 2 a.m., with temperatures dropping as low as 16 degrees and a 60 percent chance of precipitation, according to the weather service.
- Sunday: There is a 20 percent chance of precipitation, including possible snowfall, with a high of 26 degrees, according to the weather service. Wind gusts might reach as high as 40 miles per hour, the weather service forecasts.
- Sunday Night: Expect a "blustery" evening with temperatures dipping as low as 11, the weather service states.
For more information, visit the National Weather Service website, www.weather.gov, and type in Avon, CT.