The Friends of the Avon Library are accepting donations of gently used, clean hardcover and paperback books, CDs, DVDs and audio books for its annual sale.
Donations may be brought to the Avon Free Public Library, 281 Country Club Rd. Anyone with questions may call the Avon Library at 860-673-9712.
The following items are not accepted:
- Reader's Digest Condensed Books
- Hardcover fiction without a dust cover
- Business books written prior to 2010
- Computer books written prior to 2010
- Travel guides written prior to 2010
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Comic books
- Books that are highlighted or underlined
- Books with pages missing, have a musty smell or have broken spines
- Videos (VHS)
- Cassette tapes (music or books on cassette)
- Puzzles or games
- Badly worn books