While I don't know exactly how that spirited concoction was made, I found two recipes that sound just as good! The only thing I would change is adding a cinnamon stick to the drink in addition to or in lieu of the sugar coating the rim, if that's not your thing.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons vodka
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 tablespoon canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine the sugar and ⅛ teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice on a small plate.
- Dip the rim of a chilled martini glass in water, then dip in the sugar to coat.
- In a martini shaker filled with ice, combine the vodka, half and half, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and the remaining ⅛ teaspoon of the pumpkin pie spice.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into the prepared glass.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Martini
Credit: Sandra Lee
Makes: 8 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cups vanilla vodka
- Cranberry flavored sparkling water, chilled
- In a small pot over medium heat, mix together the sugar and pumpkin pie spice with 1 cup water.
- Bring it to a boil and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and strain through cheesecloth. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Fill a pitcher with ice and add the vodka and half the sugar syrup. (Add more sugar syrup to taste.)
- Stir until cold and strain evenly into chilled martini glasses.
- Top with some sparkling water.
Have a Halloween recipe to share? Add it to our Halloween Around the House blog!