A few readers have described Avon as a "suburban paradise."
But every now and then, the hectic nature of our everyday lives leaves us thinking one thing: "I need a vacation."
And then the excuses come on. "I have work." "I want to do something, but I'm on a budget." Or maybe, you're a parent and your kids have school.
No one ever said a vacation needs to involve planes and trains (though it probably entails automobiles). You don't have to see a new country or bask in the sunlight on a cruise. There are some gems close by.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
For Readers' Choice this week, we're asking you to tell us your favorite getaway when you want to have a "staycation."
As a reminder, here's how our Readers' Choice feature works:
- We'll ask a question about your favorites.
- We invite you to post your nominations in the comments below.
- We hope you'll also spread the word about this to your friends on Facebook and Twitter and get them involved.
- Submit comments until 5 p.m. Tuesday.
- We'll take the nominees and post a poll first thing Wednesday morning.
- After the poll starts on Wednesday, you'll be able to vote till Friday at 9 a.m.
- On Saturday, we announce the winner.
This review is all about you — your ideas, your feedback and your voice — so we hope you will chime in and check back.
Of course, "staycations" are not limited to the town you live in, but here are some ideas straight from our Avon directory. If you know of a getaway not listed here or one that doesn't have a directory listing, you're also welcome to nominate it.
For full Readers' Choice rules .
Editor's Note: If there's something in this article that you think should be corrected or if you have questions or a news tip give Avon Patch Editor Jessie Sawyer a ring at 860-356-6339 or shoot her an e-mail at Jessie.Sawyer@patch.com. Join in on the Avon Patch conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AvonPatch) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/AvonPatch). You can also add your own announcements and events or apply to blog on Patch. To get daily Avon Patch updates in your email inbox, sign up for our .