The flushing is scheduled for Oct. 7 to 25. When the water mains connected to your house are being flushed, the water company advises customers affected to "draw water for drinking prior to 7:30 a.m. and refrain from doing laundry, as there may be some discoloration of water during flushing," according to an announcement from the town of Avon.
"All customers may experience lower pressures and/or pressure surges, periodic loss of water, and/or discolored water in all areas throughout the flushing period," the town said in a statement.
You can call Avon Water Company for more information at 860-678-0001.
These are the dates your streets Avon Water Company customers will be affected during the water main flushing, according to a schedule the town released Monday.
WEST AVON AREA – Monday, Oct. 7 – Friday, Oct. 11
Monday, Oct. 7:
- The area south of Blueberry Lane/Sunnyridge
- West of Stagecoach Rd/Woodhaven Dr
- North of Farmington Woods complex and north along Lovely Street to Blueberry Lane and all connecting streets.
- Also 9 to 68 Byron Dr., 1 to 28 Cottonwood Dr., 1 to 9 Redwood Ln., and 1 to 23 Madison Lane in Farmington Woods.
- Lovely Street from Midlands Drive to Delbon Lane
- Lakeview Association
- Bridgewater Estates
- Deer Run
- Northington Drive
- All connecting streets
- The area north of Blueberry Drive and Sunnyridge
- All streets east of Lovely Street
- Areas of Juniper Drive, Parkview Drive, Woodmont, Stagecoach Road, Avalon Dr, Meadowridge, Country Club Rd, Hastings Turn, Old Mill Lane, Carriage Drive and other nearby streets.
- Stagecoach Rd
- Woodhaven Drive
- Rockledge Drive
- Brookridge Drive
- Coldspring Road
- Country Club Road
- West Avon Road
- Highgate Drive
- Pioneer Drive
- All connecting roads
- East of Woodhaven Dr, south of Country Club Rd, west of rails-to-trails path, including Avon High School, Avon Middle School, Cotswold Way area and roads east and west of West Avon Road.
Tuesday, Oct. 15 and Wednesday, Oct. 16
AVON CENTER AREA – Monday, Oct. 21 to Friday, Oct. 25
Monday, Oct. 21:
- Avon Park South along the following streets and streets off of Old Farms Road, Route 44 (East of 60 West Main St. to include all of East Main Street), Waterville Road (Route 10) including Avon Place Apartments, River Mead and Old Avon Village.
- Avon Park North along the following streets and streets off of Simsbury Road. (Rt. 10) and Mountain View Avenue area, including Rosewood Rd., Castlewood Rd., Blueridge Dr. & Adams Rd.
- Nod Road including Hunters Run and St. Francis Wellness Center.
- Route 44 (West Main St.), including Colonial Apts., Whispering Pines, Shopping Malls (Simsbury Commons, Nod Brook and Avon Market Place), Spring Meadow, Pond Place, Bushy Hill Rd. and Ardsley Way.
- Pond Place