Town of Farmington – Storm Sandy Information
- As of this morning 29 customers are without power in Farmington. The largest group of customers (14) is located on or near Collinsville Road. That area is on the work plan for today. If you still are without power in other areas of town please see the information below and/or call CL&P to ensure your outage is reported.
- If your service wires are disconnected from your home, CL&P is making service crews available to reconnect service wires from individual customers to street poles free of charge. Repairs the electricians are performing include reattaching the service entrance cable or meter box, and replacing the weatherhead and clevis (house knob), as needed. For other repairs, customers will need to contact a licensed electrical contractor. Any customers who are in need of this service should contact customer service directly. This number is (800)286-2000.
- The Town is pressing CL&P to restore the last remaining residents without power. Crews are in Town and we are making sure that they remain in Town and continue to restore power to all our residents. We are also pressing for more detailed information on restoration timelines.
- The Tunxis Meade compost area will be open daily through Saturday November 3, 2012 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for brush and leaves.
- Please note the following important contacts:
- Emergency (police, fire and ambulance): 911
- Routine Police and Fire Department calls: (860) 675-2400
- Poison Control: (800) 222-1222
- Power Outage: (800) 286-2000
Please sign up for Everbridge Citizen Notifications and check the Town of Farmington webpage for updates. Updates will be distributed regularly.