The following candidate statement was submitted by Avon Democrat Daryl Worobow, who is running for the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Objective for Zoning Board of Appeals: "Support Avon's economic development in concert with a rational land use policy and preservation of open space. Look to have a more strategic outlook for our town."
- Financial Advisor with Guardian Life and formerly with MetLife, May 2009 to present
- Retail Manager with Macy’s, Filene’s, G. Fox and Lord & Taylor for over thirty years, as a Divisional Vice President, Store Manager, Regional Operations Director, and Assistant Buyer. Help plan the opening of two new stores and the renovation of Downtown G. Fox, July 1975 to September 2006
- Served as a Congressional Aide for domestic affairs, including the involvement in the Study of Long Island Sound, 1973 to June 1975
- Attended George Washington University’s Masters in Urban and Regional Planning Program, from September 1972 until June 1975
- Currently serving as Chair for the Democratic Committee for the Town of Avon
- Currently serving as a member of the Town’s Natural Resources Commission
- Former President and Board Member of the Farmington Valley Jewish Congregation