Information for the U.S. Senate candidates listed in the dropdown above has been updated as of the most recent campaign finance filing deadline, July 15, according to the Federal Election Commission.
The next deadline is Oct. 15, the FEC says.
In Avon, Democrat Chris Murphy has the most donations among the candidates listed with about 250. The highest given by a single donor to his campaign is three $2,500 donations by Geraldine Brittan and Kent Brittan each. Avon resident , who is for the 17th District contributed $1,500 to Murphy's campaign in May, $500 in March 2011 and made two $250 donations in 2011.
Avon's Charles Shivery, president and CEO of Northeast Utilities, gave $2,000 to Murphy's campaign in March 2011 and $1,500 in June 2011. Former Connecticut Light and Power chief Jeffrey Butler, , donated $250 to his campaign in June 2011.
Republican Linda McMahon's largest individual donation in Avon - one for $100 and the other for $250.00 - came from John C. Carmon, director of Carmon Funeral Homes, Inc.
Susan Bysiewicz, who is challenging Murphy in the Democratic primary, Aug. 14 received two separate donations of $2,500 from Glen R. Greenburg. Michael Konover donated $1,000. The largest amount contributed by an individual was one check for $2,500 and another for $2,300 from Rebecca A. Reno.
Republican Chris Shays, who is challenging McMahon for the nomination, was not listed in the document for Avon.
Independent candidate Lee Whitnum, a Greenwich resident whose past occupations include teacher, software engineer and paralegal, is not listed in the searchable database because she reported no financial activity, according to the FEC.
Candidates filing during the last reporting period who are listed:
- Susan Bysiewicz — Democrat, Middletown resident, former Connecticut Secretary of the State and state representative;
- Linda McMahon — Republican, Greenwich resident, former president and CEO of Titan Sports;
- Chris Murphy — Democrat, Cheshire resident, former U.S. Representative (5th District) and state senator;
- — Republican, Bridgeport resident, former U.S. Representative (4th District) and state representative;
- Kie Westby — Republican, Southbury resident, attorney.