As 10 staff members , 14 new people have been hired as of Aug. 28.
The Board of Education accepted the list of new hires at its Tuesday meeting.
Welcome to the following new certified staff members in the district:
- Cari Andross was hired for a .5 social studies position at .
- Kerry Charpinsky was hired as a .5 fifth-grade teacher at .
- Jenny Cox was hired as an LTS in the English department at Avon High School from now until January 2013.
- Lori Gibb was hired as an LTS for third grade at from now until January 2013. She will begin work as an LTS for fourth grade at the elementary school from February to June in 2013.
- Lauren Glasheen was hired as an LTS for eighth-grade English at .
- Lindsey Heyer was hired as a .5 fifth grade teacher at Thompson Brook School.
- Jenny Jones was hired as an LTS for special education services at Avon Middle School.
- Athena Kosinski was hired as a .4 science teacher at Avon High School
- Amanda Minutillo was hired as an LTS for eighth-grade social studies at Avon Middle School.
- Jill Paterson was hired as the new .6 drama teacher for Avon High School.
- Alyse Phoenix was hired as an LTS for sixth grade at Thompson Brook School.
Three non-certified staff members will also join the school district.
- Maria Kozyniak has been hired as a cook manager at the .
- Shirley Price has been hired as a kitchen staff member for Avon Middle School.
- Carolyn Taylor was hired for as a secretary at Thompson Brook School.