Avon's upper elementary, middle and high schools are undergoing some administrative changes this year.
Avon High School Assistant Principal Bob Vojtek is becoming the district technology coordinator.
Kate Lawson is filling that job opening, shifting from assistant principal at Avon Middle School to the high school.
Thompson Brook School Assistant Principal James Pappa wil transfer to the middle school to assume Lawson's prior role as assistant principal.
To read about and in the district, click on the links provided.
The following Avon Public Schools staff members are also transferring within the district.
- Krista Allen, a para-educator at Pine Grove School will move to Thompson Brook School.
- Patricia Blunt, a para-educator at Pine Grove School will transfer to Avon High School.
- Stefani Dunn will become a 1 FTE for the sixth grade at Thompson Brook School, a bump up from a .5 job.
- James Fuller, who was an eighth grade teacher at Avon Middle School, will become English coordinator.
- Gavin Goldie, the head hustodian at Avon Middle School, will become the night custodian.
- Laura McDonnell will be teachning fourth grade at Roaring Brook School instead of first grade.
- Cindy Nelson has been promoted to a Secretary I job from Secretary II at Thompson Brook School.
- Tom Porter, the day custodian, will become the head custodian.
- Amy Roth, para-educator for Roaring Brook School, will transfer to Thompson Brook School.
- Secretary Allison Schulman is transferring from Thompson Brook School to Avon High School.
- Dee Suttmier, a para-educator at Roaring Brook School, is transferring to Thompson Brook School.
- Michelle Zajac will assume a 1 FTE social studies role after serving in a .5 position last year.